- Planning and Development
- Planning and Zoning
- Zoning Amendments
Recent Amendments to the Zoning Code
At the November 1, 2021 Council meeting, Council adopted Ordinance No. 70-2021, Zoning Text Amendments to Part Eleven – Zoning Code of the Codified Ordinances of Cleveland Heights Regarding Private Parking Garages and Other Ancillary Changes. More information about the changes and the review and approval process appear below.
Zoning Code Amendment Process (see Chapter 1119 of the Zoning Code)
Introduction of amending ordinance to Council (Section 1119.02) – Completed on June 7, 2021.
- Referral to Planning Commission for consideration and recommendation. The Commission shall be allowed a reasonable time, not less than thirty (30) days, nor more than sixty (60) days for its consideration and recommendations (Section 1119.03) – Completed on June 7, 2021.
- Planning Commission consideration and recommendation at regularly-scheduled meeting or special meeting or workshop – all open to the public to watch (Section 1119.04) – Introduced on June 29, 2021; recommendation on August 19, 2021.
- Public hearing by Council, including appropriate noticing (Section 1119.05) - Held on November 1, 2021.
- Action by Council. After the public hearing Council shall either adopt or deny the recommendation of the Planning Commission (Section 1119.06) - Adopted on November 1, 2021.
- If Council grants its final approval to the amendment, the amendment becomes effective 30 days later - Effective immediately (November 1, 2021) since Ordinance was adopted as an emergency.
- November 1, 2021 Council Legislative Package (PDF)
- Ordinance 070-2021 2nd Reading. (PDF)
- Suggested Revisions to Ordinance 070-2021 Exhibit A by Planning Commission (PDF)
- August 20, 2021 Planning Commission Recommendation (PDF)
- August 20, 2021 Cover Memorandum to Council (PDF)
- June 2, 2021 Cover Memorandum to City Manager Requesting Legislation (PDF)
- June 2, 2021 Cover Memorandum to Council with detailed description (PDF)
- Exhibit A: Proposed Zoning Text Amendments (PDF)
- Introductory presentation at Committee of the Whole (PDF) - April 26, 2021
- Presentation at Committee of the Whole (PDF) - June 7, 2021
- Presentation at Planning Commission (PDF) - June 29, 2021
- Presentation at Planning Commission #2 (PDF) - August 19, 2021
- Update presentation at Committee of the Whole (PDF) - August 23, 2021
- Public Hearing Presentation (PDF) – November 1, 2021