Administrative Permits

Planning Department staff issues the following permits and conditional uses:

  • A fence permit is required for any fence. The regulations that apply to fence size and placement also apply to masonry and stone walls, but masonry and stone walls require a building permit, rather than a fence permit. Architectural Board of Review approval is required in particular locations.
  • The Conditional Use Permit supports home-based day-care (Type ‘B’) services as a necessary and important component of community life. Home day-care operations are regulated to ensure that they are conducted in a manner suitable for a residential neighborhood and that the homes used for day-care services are in compliance with applicable health and safety regulations. 
  • Outdoor dining facilities require a conditional use permit. Planning staff may grant a permit for 25 or fewer seats. Approval is required for more than 25 seats.

Permit Applications