Severance Town Center Vision Statement
SEVERANCE TOWN CENTER
(Adopted by the Board of Control on January 18, 2023)
Severance Town Center is located in the heart of Cleveland Heights. Its history, first as a private estate, then as a ground-breaking regional mall, and most recently as a struggling retail center is reflective of the history of the City itself. This status quo is no longer acceptable and its future is of the utmost importance to the City. The City is committed to working diligently toward a vision for the redevelopment and reimagination of Severance Town Center.
As the heart of Cleveland Heights, Severance Town Center necessitates redevelopment and reimagination to assure dynamic development, spaces, and uses that:
- Create an intentional city center with a resilient and regenerative mix of civic, green, natural, recreational, arts & entertainment, residential, retail, institutional & commercial, and/or other thoughtful spaces and uses;
- Are transformational and not incremental;
- Promote long-term economic and environmental sustainability;
- Contribute to the affordability of the City and broaden the City’s tax base;
- Integrate with and enhance vitality and activity in the surrounding neighborhoods;
- Are consistent with the values of Cleveland Heights, but also are forward looking;
- Are unique and reflective of the diversity of Cleveland Heights;
- Create a sense of place attractive to residents, visitors, shoppers, business and property owners, and others;
- Will be inclusive and accessible to all ages and abilities;
- Have a people-first focus that improves walkability, bikeability, and transit access; and
- Implement innovative zoning and design standards that allows wide-ranging, community appropriate possibilities.
View all comments about the Severance Town Center Vision Statement that were received by 10/31/2022.
- Comments (PDF)