CEDAR-LEE-MEADOWBROOK PROJECT CLOSING ANNOUNCED
Highly Anticipated Development Clears Final Hurdle before Construction
CLEVELAND HEIGHTS, OH - On Tuesday, March 14, 2023, the City of Cleveland Heights and its development partner, Flaherty & Collins Properties, announced the real estate and financial “closing” for the Cedar Lee Meadowbrook project, clearing the way for construction to commence in the coming weeks.
“After two decades of work toward developing this site, we’ve cleared the last hurdle and are poised to break ground,” Cleveland Heights Mayor Kahlil Seren said. “This will be a transformative project, offering new housing options not currently available in Cleveland Heights and making the Cedar Lee District an even more compelling place to eat, shop, and live.”
The Cedar Lee Meadowbrook project will cost an estimated $66 million and will include 206 market-rate luxury apartments, approximately 8,500 square feet of first-floor commercial/retail/restaurant space, and park/green space. Construction is projected to be complete by early 2025.
The City and Flaherty & Collins anticipate announcing a ground-breaking for the Cedar Lee Meadowbrook project in the coming weeks. Additional information about the project, including regular updates about the timing of construction and changes to traffic and parking patterns in the district, will be posted at https://www.clevelandheights.gov/CLM-Project-Updates.
Project Information and Resources
- Cedar-Lee-Meadowbrook Development Agreement (PDF) – Signed 12-9-2021
- Cedar-Lee-Meadowbrook First Amendment to the Development Agreement (PDF) – Signed 3-14-2023
- TIF Ordinance (PDF) – Passed 11-21-2022
- School Compensation Agreement (PDF) – Signed 11-19-2022
- Bond Ordinance (PDF) – Passed 2-22-2023
- TIF/Finance/School Compensation Charts (PDF)
- Cedar-Lee-Meadowbrook Parking Study (PDF)
- Cedar-Lee-Meadowbrook Traffic Memorandum (PDF)
- Updated Renderings Approved by ABR on April 5, 2022 (PDF)
- Design Presentation by Applicant Approved by ABR on March 1, 2022 (with conditions satisfied at the April 5, 2022 ABR meeting) (PDF)
- Planning Commission Presentation by Applicant Approved on February 9, 2022 (PDF)
- BZA Application Approved on January 19, 2022 (PDF)
- Cedar-Lee-Meadowbrook Memorandum of Understanding (PDF) - Signed 7-13-2021