The City of Cleveland Heights offers two cost savings programs to assist income eligible residents with their local sewer bill.
The Homestead Program
The Homestead Program offers a lower rate to residents that meet the following criteria:
- Must be 65 years or older or totally and permanently disabled;
- Must own and live at the property
- Household income of $33,000 or less
The Affordability Program
The Affordability Program offers a 40% discount on local sewer charges for owner-occupied residential customers (as per Resolution No. 67-2017) whose annual household income is at or below 200% of the poverty level.
Residents that qualify for either of these programs with the Northeast Ohio Regional Sewer District (NEORSD) will qualify for these programs with the City of Cleveland Heights.
To apply, please follow the following process:
- Apply and get qualified for the program at NEORSD. Visit www.neorsd.org for more information.
- Apply at the City of Cleveland Heights and provide your approval form documenting you have met the qualifications at NEORSD.
Residents cannot be enrolled in both programs.
Visit us at www.clevelandheights.com/sewerplan for more information on sewer updates.